Our Lady’s Part in the Latter Times
Here we continue St. Louis de Montfort's prophetic teaching on the role of Our Lady in the Latter Times, those times that indicate the Great Chastisement, the destruction of the Revolution and the re-establishment of the Reign of Christ on earth by and through the Virgin Mary. In his book True Devotion to Mary, he points out the absolute need for the Blessed Mother to be more known loved and honored in the Latter Times than she has ever been.
St. Louis Grignion de Montfort
For this is it necessary that the elect, by the grace and light of the Holy Spirit, adopt the interior and perfect practice of True Devotion to Our Lady by consecrating themselves entirely to her service as slaves of love.
The salvation of the world began through Mary and through her it must be accomplished.
Mary scarcely appeared in the first coming of Jesus Christ so that men, as yet insufficiently instructed and enlightened concerning the person of her Son, might not wander from the truth by becoming too strongly attached to her. This would apparently have happened if she had been known, on account of the wondrous charms with which Almighty God had endowed even her outward appearance.
So true is this that St. Denis (or Dionysius) the Areopagite tells us in his writings that when he saw her he would have taken her for a goddess, because of her incomparable beauty, had not his well-grounded faith taught him otherwise.
But in the second coming of Jesus Christ, Mary must be known and openly revealed by the Holy Spirit so that Our Lord Jesus Christ may be known, loved and served through her. The reasons which moved the Holy Spirit to hide his spouse during her life and to reveal but very little of her since the first preaching of the Gospel exist no longer.
God wishes to make Mary better known in the Latter Times
God wishes therefore to reveal Mary, His masterpiece, and make her more known in these Latter Times:
Devotion to Mary is especially necessary in the Latter Times
- Because she kept herself hidden in this world and in her great humility considered herself lower than dust, having obtained from God, His Apostles and Evangelists the favor of being made known.
- Because, as Mary is not only God's masterpiece of glory in Heaven, but also His masterpiece of grace on Earth, He wishes to be glorified and praised because of her by those living upon
- Since she is the dawn which precedes and discloses the Sun of Justice Jesus Christ, she must be known and acknowledged so that Jesus may be known and acknowledged.
- As she was the way by which Jesus first came to us, she will again be the way by which He will come to us the second time though not in the same manner.
- Since she is the sure means, the direct and immaculate way to her Son Jesus and the perfect guide to Him, it is through her that souls who are to shine forth in sanctity must find Him. He who finds Mary finds life, that is, Jesus Christ who is the way, the truth and the life. But no one can find Mary who does not look for her. No one can look for her who does not know her, for no one seeks or desires something unknown. Mary then must be better known than ever for the deeper understanding and the greater glory of the Blessed Trinity.
- In these Latter Times Mary must shine forth more than ever in mercy, power and grace; in mercy, to bring back and welcome lovingly the poor sinners and wanderers who are to be converted and return to the Catholic Church; in power, to combat the enemies of God who will rise up menacingly to seduce and crush by promises and threats all those who oppose them; finally, she must shine forth in grace to inspire and support the valiant soldiers and loyal servants of Jesus Christ who are fighting for His cause.
- Lastly, Mary must become as terrible as an army in battle array to the Devil and his followers, especially in these latter times. For Satan, knowing that he has little time – even less now than ever – to destroy souls, intensifies his efforts and his onslaughts every day. He will not hesitate to stir up savage persecutions and set treacherous snares for Mary's faithful servants and children whom he finds more difficult to overcome than others ...
Finally, God in these times wishes His Blessed Mother to be more known, loved and honored than she has ever been.
This will certainly come about if the elect, by the grace and light of the Holy Spirit, adopt the interior and perfect practice of the devotion which I shall later unfold. Then they will clearly see that beautiful Star of the Sea, as much as faith allows.
Under her guidance they will perceive the splendors of this Queen and will consecrate themselves entirely to her service as subjects and slaves of love. They will experience her motherly kindness and affection for her children. They will love her tenderly and will appreciate how full of compassion she is and how much they stand in need of her help. In all circumstances they will have recourse to her as their advocate and mediatrix with Jesus Christ.
They will see clearly that she is the safest, easiest, shortest and most perfect way of approaching Jesus and will surrender themselves to her, body and soul, without reserve in order to belong entirely to Jesus.
Treatise on True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin,
Part 4, "Mary's Part in the Latter Times"
Posted on July 22, 2023
Related Topics of Interest
‘God Will Raise up the Greatest Saints in the Latter Times’
Are We at the End Times?
The Latter Day Apostles & the Victory of Our Lady
The Latter Times & the Judgment of Nations
The Certainty of the Reign of Mary
Ven. Elizabeth Mora Sees the Latter Times Tribulations
The Fiery Prayer for the Apostles of the Latter Times
Related Works of Interest