Solidarity with Our Lady of the Sorrows
It is highly recommended to pray in solidarity with Our Lady meditating on her Seven Sorrows. It is an act of filial devotion and reparation for all that she suffered for each one of us. She is so appreciative of this special devotion that she richly rewards those who practice it.
In the 14th century, the Blessed Virgin Mary revealed to Saint Bridget of Sweden (1303- 1373) that those who pray a Hail Mary while meditating on each of her Seven Sorrows will receive seven graces. Here is what she promised:
Our Lady of the Sorrows
I will grant peace to their families.
- They will be enlightened about the divine mysteries.
- I will console them in their pains and I will accompany them in their work.
- I will give them as much as they ask for as long as it does not oppose the adorable will of my divine Son or the sanctification of their souls.
- I will defend them in their spiritual battles with the infernal enemy and I will protect them at every instant of their lives.
- I will visibly help them at the moment of their death; they will see the face of their Mother.
- I have obtained this grace from my divine Son, that those who propagate this devotion to my tears and dolors, will be taken directly from this earthly life to eternal happiness, since all their sins will be forgiven. My Son and I will be their eternal consolation and joy.
The Seven Sorrows of Our Lady
1. The prophecy of Simeon (Luke 2: 34, 35)
2. The flight into Egypt (Matthew 2:13,14)
3. The loss of the Child Jesus in the temple (Luke 2: 43-45)
4. The meeting of Christ and His Blessed Mother on the Way of the Cross
5. The Crucifixion and Death of Our Lord Jesus Christ
piercing of the Side of Our Lord with a spear and His Descent from the Cross
7. The burial of Our Lord Jesus Christ in the tomb.
(Say one Hail Mary while meditating on each Sorrow)
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen
Ave María, grátia plena, Dóminus tecum, benedícta tu in muliéribus, et benedíctus frúctus véntris tui, Jésus. Sáncta María, Mater Déi, ora pro nóbis peccatóribus, nunc et in hora mortis nóstrae. Amen.
O sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us who have recourse to thee.
(300 days indulgence)
Posted October 13, 2012
Related Topics of Interest
The Seven Sorrows of Our Lady,
Seven Holy Founders of the Servites
La Macarena, Our Hope - Holy Week in Seville
Our Lady Rewards Those Devoted to Her Sorrows
Why Saturday Is Dedicated to Our Lady
The Meaning of the Three Falls of Our Lord
Wisdom: the Queen of Virtues
|Related Works of Interest|
Prayers | Religious |
Home | Books | CDs
| Search | Contact Us
Tradition in Action, Inc. All Rights Reserved