What People Are Commenting
Mindszenty, Single Vocation & Communist Goals
I recently returned to the traditional Catholic Mass and I was inquiring about the use of the Advent wreath. Is this a Vatican 2 custom? I read somewhere it was actually a Lutheran custom?
We believe you can find answers for your questions in
to another reader on the Advent wreath.
TIA correspondence desk
Card. Jozsef Mindszenty
Regarding Dr. Horvat’s
article on Cardinal Jozsef Mindszenty
, I am sure you are aware that Pope Paul VI is inching closer to canonization.
Frankly, I do not know what a saint is anymore, at least by the definition of Modernist Rome. The closer a person is to the destructive work of Vatican II, the holier he is considered.
I am sending you this Muslin advertisement.
America's Promiscuity & Sexual Addiction
Is it a surprise that now we have all these sexual harassment complaints? Well folks, it all started in the ‘60s. First came the mini skirt, peace-niks, flower children, topless bars, psychedelic drugs and marijuana.
Psychologist's were advocating wife swapping and if it feels good do it. The movies were showing nude sexual scenes and woman started taking the pill with Rome's approval. Later men started taking Viagra.
Today the general age of consent is now set between 16 and 18 in all U.S. states, with varying degrees of enforcement.
So, there you have it folks.
There is an old saying, "What goes around, comes around."
The article by Salwa Bachar concerning the
lay celibate life
as a vocation was interesting and has raised a couple questions.
The three traditional vocations she mentions have been considered true vocations because those entering them are bound by solemn public vows which bind under pain of sin. Does the lay celibate life have vows? If so, who wrote them? How binding are they?
According to St. Thomas Aquinas, it is more meritorious to do something pleasing to God in fulfillment of a vow, than to do the same thing without a vow.
Also, those in the three traditional vocations are required to fulfill their duties of state. What would be the duties of state for the lay celibate life? Who determines this? Is the lay celibate life permanent?
As most of us begin adulthood as single lay people, at what point does this actually become a vocational state? Perhaps she can address these issues in a subsequent article.
Thank you for your questions. We are passing them to Miss Salwa Bachar.
Hopefully she will answer them in a coming article in her series.
TIA correspondence desk
In case you missed it, I am forwarding to you this cartoon on the easiness to reach a Vatican annulment.
Continue Your Good Work
Please continue your work. I pray more people will find your site and be moved to the Catholic Faith.
Not just for the elderly: Kids under 20 are having hip replacements, mostly due to being overweight – check
Christmas Greetings & Thanks from Jail
Wow, Christmas on the way already. Hope this letter finds you in good health. You and TIA have been a tremendous blessing to me over the years.
I now have a roommate who is Catholic. He is traditional. We say the Rosary - completely - twice a day together. There is no permanence in prison however. I can lose him as a roommate at any time. Nothing like living on the edge (being funny).
He became a Catholic in here. He was baptized by an SSPX priest.
If you can send a traditional calendar this year I would appreciate it again. My roommate said he would like one because we have no guarantee how long we will remain roommates. If you decide to buy him one as well, you have to send it to him personally. I know, another silly rule. You cannot send me two and I give him the other one. But if you cannot afford this, it is ok. But I always need your prayers.
The Church seems to go deeper in a mess. I am totally convinced it will take something terrible to put it back on track.
Our country is now opening itself for Muslims. I just heard France just shut down 100 mosques on the radio. They found weapons. France is losing patience with being politically correct. I am afraid we have a lot more killings from the Muslims. Islam cannot coexist. It is a politically motivated religion. Poor souls caught into its web. Much to pray for these days.
So, Happy Advent and a very early Merry Christmas.
God bless and thank you so much.
Are We There Yet?
Here are some excerpts of the communist goals as defined in 1963 by a Florida representative in an official report. To check the full report, please, click on
Today almost all of these goals seem to be accomplished; we wonder what is left to be done.
Communist Goals (1963)
Congressional Record--Appendix, pp. A34-A35 (Excerpts)
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms."
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. "Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art."
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural, healthy."
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a "religious crutch."
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man."
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the "big picture." Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture--education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use ["]united force["] to solve economic, political or social problems.
Posted November 30, 2017
The opinions expressed in this section - What People Are Commenting - do not necessarily express those of TIA
Related Topics of Interest
Subscribe to Our Newsletter! - Weekly Updates!
The Single Vocation
What Is the Origin of the Advent Wreath?
Ambiences, Customs and Barbarism
Are Present Day Annulments To Be Taken Seriously?
Ninety Three Percent of Annulments
The List of What Is Forbidden in Cuba
Related Works of Interest